Why Join FUS?
The mission of Florida Urological Society is to provide:
- An educational, political, social and economic advisory forum, as well as a common voice for all urologists in the state of Florida.
- Affordable, high-quality and well-respected annual scientific programs.
- Urologists with the opportunity to evaluate new technology, procedures, services and techniques.
- Effective state representation to the SESAUA and the AUA; the Florida Medical Society, the American Medical Society and various organized specialty societies both nationally and on the state level.
- Effective voice at the Medicare Carrier Advisory Committee.
- Effective voice at the Health Policy Committee.
- Leadership for the resolution of socio-economic issues.
- A forum for peer fellowship, dialogue and networking.
Benefits to membership include:
- Excellent scientific programs.
- Reduced meeting registration fees.
- Your own FUS member ID number, which gives you access to the FUS website and the members-only section.
- Networking opportunities with experts in the field of urology.
NP/PA and Administrators Welcome to Apply
FUS invites nurses and nurse practitioners to apply for membership! Membership is open to practice administrators, physician assistants and nurse practitioners specializing in urology who are not otherwise eligible for membership in the society. Sponsorship by an active or senior member is required. Please fill out the application to join the FUS or contact the FUS Executive Office at (847) 517-7249 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FUS Annual Meeting
The Florida Urological Society holds an annual meeting in the fall each year, which offers the continuing medical education of medical students, residents, fellows and practicing physicians in the field of urology. The program is for physicians with all levels of experience and covers diverse topics relevant to this specialty.
FUS publishes two to three newsletters each year, which include a variety of reports from the president and other officers, the Florida Board of Medicine, the FUS Program Committee and more. The newsletters aim to keep urologists up-to-date with state affairs, given the ever-changing healthcare policies in Florida, and explain how legislation will affect their practice. You’ll also find highlights from the Annual Meeting and information regarding any upcoming meetings of interest to Florida urologists.